Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any changes to frunk size?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Zoomit

Sep 1, 2015
SoCal
There's some confusion by the Alex on Auto's YouTube channel about the size of Model 3 frunk; specifically whether the frunk size has changed over time or is dependent on the RWD vs AWD configuration. Other than the exclusion of the frunk mat in the SR/+, I haven't heard of any differences in the frunk design throughout production.

Can somebody put this to rest? Ignoring the mat, has anything changed in the Model 3 frunk? If so, what and when?

Can somebody put this to rest? Ignoring the mat, has anything changed in the Model 3 frunk? If so, what and when?
It changed for one of my friends in Tennessee. His Frunk now only holds about 3 bottles of water. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he smashed it into a tree :rolleyes:
I'm just guessing on this one, but I can't understand under what conditions the frunk would change during production. Wouldn't that also imply a possible frame change? I haven't heard of a size change, but curious

There's some confusion by the Alex on Auto's YouTube channel about the size of Model 3 frunk; specifically whether the frunk size has changed over time or is dependent on the RWD vs AWD configuration. Other than the exclusion of the frunk mat in the SR/+, I haven't heard of any differences in the frunk design throughout production.

I thought the same thing when I heard AA video say that. From all info I've ever heard there is no different size from rw to awd like in the S.

There's some confusion by the Alex on Auto's YouTube channel about the size of Model 3 frunk

I’m going to have to throw out the baby with the bath water on this one and ignore absolutely everything from that video and his written review. Some people just either have no idea what they are doing, or they just have bad days. Alex seems have fallen into one of these camps. There are at least two other things he said that were obviously wrong, so what’s a third between friends?

I’m pretty sure it would be more common knowledge if it were true that the frunk size differs amongst Model 3s. But maybe someone knows definitively...

Reactions: MP3Mike and Zoomit