Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any handy/knowledgeable/hands-on Tesla enthusiasts in the Phoenix area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long story short, last week I won a copart auction for a salvage model s that's supposedly "Run and Drive". The primary damage according to the seller - insurance co was the front & rear glass + roof. No secondary damage as per the listing.

Last Thursday the auto transport driver went to pickup the car and he text back saying the car is dead and he won't be able to pickup and left. I asked the copart dispatch if they can charge the car for a few days they didn't really know how to help.

So, I booked a flight ticket to Phoenix on Tuesday and will try to jump/charge the car/move it near an outlet in the copart lot and let it charge for a few days before trying to get it picked up again.

If any experienced person in the Phoenix area can offer any help that day it will be much appreciated 🙏

If it has a salvage title, Tesla may have blocked Supercharger access, so L3 charging may not be possible.
If the car has been sitting for months the 12V battery is probably gone.
Where, exactly is the car now?
I live in a suburb of Phoenix, so if you find a repair shop I may be able to help you find it.
In the meantime, Google repair shops to see if anyone will work on it.

If it has a salvage title, Tesla may have blocked Supercharger access, so L3 charging may not be possible.
If the car has been sitting for months the 12V battery is probably gone.
Where, exactly is the car now?
I live in a suburb of Phoenix, so if you find a repair shop I may be able to help you find it.
In the meantime, Google repair shops to see if anyone will work on it.
It has a salvage title and has been sitting for under two months as it was totaled by the insurance company mid October. So it's totally normal for the car batteries to die off as it loses 3-4 miles per day just sitting and who knows what was the charge level when it first got there.

The car is still at Copart lot (615 S 51st Ave) in Phoenix. The only shop I know of is Gruber motors. I messaged them last week if they can go over the issues and fix after I purchased it and got a reply saying the lead time currently is around 8 months so that place is out of question I suppose. Let me know if you know of any other knowledgeable shops in the Phoenix area and thanks for the reply.