Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any ideas? My 2018 MX doors won’t open from outisde

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

My MX doors won’t open from outside when I’m standing next to the vehicle. My self presenting driver door opens just fine.

I can open every door and the hatch with the key, but when I push the passenger, FWDs, and the hatch buttons, the doors won’t respond. I can also open them from the screen. So I don’t understand what’s going on. It’s like the vehicle won’t respond to the outside push buttons on the doors.

Child lock is off

Any ideas?

Thanks ageX.

Yeah, I've got the same problem with my 2021 MXLR. Been a couple of months now. Checked everything multiple times.
What or where do I find 'Driver door unlock mode'? I'm thinking that pertains to the driver door but it opens when I approach with the FOB just like OP's. Seems like this started with the last software update but not sure as the wife reported this originally long after.

Upvote 0
I have the same situation, 2023 MX LR.

I have found that once you open the door either through the app or through the car console you can then use the outside handle to open that door.

Only goofy thing is, you have to go through this with each door singularly. A real PITA!

Let me know if yours does the same.

Oh, it forgets everything when you shutdown the car and you start over again. Yea, a PITA!

-stew

Upvote 0