Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model S owners in Brussels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks

I was wondering if we have any forum members living in Brussels or perhaps driving around Brussels on a regular basis?

Basically I'm wondering how the car copes with the challenging road conditions: pot holes, cobbled streets and speed humps. The latter is perhaps my greatest concern, living in Uccle they're all over the place and I'm constantly wondering about the possibility of a Tesla getting stranded on them as some are really quite huge.

Would be nice if the air suspension could be set and kept on maximum, but this isn't the case at present.

Any feedback welcome - feel free to answer in NL/FR, I can Google Translate it.

Thanks!

Dave

Hi Folks

I was wondering if we have any forum members living in Brussels or perhaps driving around Brussels on a regular basis?

Basically I'm wondering how the car copes with the challenging road conditions: pot holes, cobbled streets and speed humps. The latter is perhaps my greatest concern, living in Uccle they're all over the place and I'm constantly wondering about the possibility of a Tesla getting stranded on them as some are really quite huge.

Would be nice if the air suspension could be set and kept on maximum, but this isn't the case at present.

Any feedback welcome - feel free to answer in NL/FR, I can Google Translate it.

Thanks!

Dave

I do not leave/work in Brussels; but I do find a number of pot holes, cobbled streets and speed humps on my way. As anywhere in Belgium; with our 'well-maintained' roads:scared:.
No problems so far.:smile:

@S-19910, you have the P on 19" wheels... what made you go for the P rather than the S?

that same little devil.:wink:

however, I've had some low profile tires on my previous car. great looks, but : too many flats, too much noice, less comfortable etc, etc ...
so I ended up, after another flat, by switching to normal tires. No more flats since then.
21" just wasn't a fit for me.

The P85 does have a (small, to me) problem with the torque - the wheels can't cope some some wheelspin...

I did... :smile:

Before I ordered (spec below), I did an extended test drive and was able to take a very similar spec car to my order around the streets that had me worried - around my house in Uccle actually... Anyway, I was really impressed with the car's composure over the ridiculously huge speed-humps we have around here. It also handled pot holes with ease and tram tracks were a doodle...

I gave the gas pedal the full beans too and really enjoyed it - the fish-tailing from zero is awesome and the car stays totally composed. Likewise at one point I gave a bit too much at a junction on a slightly greasy road and the back-end stepped out a bit, but no problems, easy to control and a thrilling experience.

Delivery April:

VOTRE MODEL S
19" Wheels
85 kWh Performance Model S
Alcantara Headliner
Black Brake Calipers
Black Nappa Leather Seats
Brown Metallic Paint
Carbon Fiber Décor
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Panoramic Roof
Parking Sensors