TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Any non owner “recent” reservations receive invites?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Birdman325, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Birdman325

Birdman325 Member

Any non current (Canadian) Tesla owners who may have made a reservation (paid the deposit) late (Dec) 2017 or early (Jan) 2018 receive any invites of anything at all? I suspect the answer is no but just wondering about any thoughts of potential timing.
    Delivery indicator still says late 2018 (for dual motor) but I’m assuming that won’t even be close ?

2. Koflach

Koflach Member

i contacted Tesla recently and was told over the phone that a realistic timeline to get delivery for a deposit placed right now is about 8-9 months.

3. Birdman325

Birdman325 Member

Thx. So invitation to configure in the next couple of months?

4. 1Step2NoGas

1Step2NoGas Member

@Birdman325 Just a couple of data points to add to your assumption set. Neither myself nor a friend of mine, both with paid reservations, ever received an invitation to configure. Both of us were following the forums and as soon as people in Canada started receiving an invite, we logged in and were able to configure.

My recommendation would be to log in to your Tesla account at whatever frequency you wish and check to see if the option to configure is available.

5. Birdman325

Birdman325 Member

Thx. I have been checking SEVERAL times a day the past little while (I “reserved” end of Dec 2017 - I know, late!) but absolutely nothing there. Still shows me the picture of the car, and a selection to “manage” my reservation which takes me to the screen that shows the delivery estimator which is LATE 2018. No invitation or details to configure (yet).
    thx and good luck.

6. Birdman325

Birdman325 Member

Just got invited to configure!

• Like x 3
  7. Koflach

Koflach Member

Nice, i'll be configuring mine in a couple of days.

8. Bluewish

Bluewish Member

Make sure you do it before July 1 if you want the free internet.

• Like x 1
  9. Koflach

Koflach Member

I will be configuring today or tomorrow.

10. Paybax

Paybax Member

Yup, just received my invite today via email and I reserved Jan 2018.