Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Raven Model S owners able to do SF Bay Area to LA in a single charge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 4 month old 2019 Model S long range (or Raven 100D if you prefer). My in-laws live in Southern California (Woodland Hills) and we live 341 miles away in the South Bay Area close to the Tesla Fremont Factory. We've made a number of trips over the holidays to visit the in-laws in the Model S but we always seem to have to charge at least once before the Grapevine. Then I see that MotorTrend was able to take a Model S long range from the Tesla Fremont Factory to Tesla design studio in Hawthorne (365 miles) on a single charge (EXCLUSIVE: 2019 Tesla Model S Review: From SF to LA on One Charge? - Motor Trend) while riding pretty much the exact same route we travel, with the same number of passengers (2), and the same speed (autopilot at 65MPH). Has anyone else with a Raven Model S been able to make it from the Bay Area to LA in a single charge?

You’re unlikely to make this trip in the winter. Try again in June.

Although to be honest, I’m not sure why you’d want to. Driving at an appropriate speed (5 under on I-5 is suicide) and making a quick splash and go stop at Bakersfield or Buttonwillow is almost certainly faster.

We have done the trip many times Sacramento to LA in an ICE and have never tried to do it non stop. My wife would never let me not stop at Buttonwillow and eat at the Willow Ranch - food is too good.