Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any scoop on a Pensacola SC Station?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm driving to Pensacola for Christmas, so I don't have to quarantine before visiting family. I sold my ICE, so I'm driving my Model Y. Do we have anything more on the SC in P'cola other than this year timing and location may vary? I'm getting a bit nervous that there will be nothing. As backup, I can charge in Mobile on the way in, but I was hoping to have access near the family home.

I'm driving to Pensacola for Christmas, so I don't have to quarantine before visiting family. I sold my ICE, so I'm driving my Model Y. Do we have anything more on the SC in P'cola other than this year timing and location may vary? I'm getting a bit nervous that there will be nothing. As backup, I can charge in Mobile on the way in, but I was hoping to have access near the family home.
My suggestion would be to research the destination chargers in Pensacola. For example, the Hilton has three restaurants. Usually, if you are dining at a resort's restaurant there is no problem with charging. So, if it were me I would research their Latitudes Pool Bar have a leisurely outside lunch and charge while socially distanced. There are other nearby resorts with Tesla destination chargers as well to check.

Larry

The Pensacola Supercharger was also "Planned" and "Timing and location may vary" in 2019. So my guess is you will see the same "plan" for 2021. Have you tried the PlugShare app? It shows a lot of destination chargers. However, they are usually at businesses/hotels and usually for customers/guests. If you are close to Destin, the Destin Commons Mall has 4, J1772 chargers in the parking lot behind the "Fishbowl" arcade. Whenever I go to Destin I stop there and putz around the mall for a while. Usually get something to eat while I charge up before the trip back to Pensacola. There has always been a charger available and they charge at 22-23 miles per hour of charge. The closest Superchargers now are in Mobile, AL and DeFuniak Springs. Both 50-60 miles West and East of Pensacola. Another Supercharger should open in Panama City Beach any day now. But that's 80+ miles from Pensacola.

boy, this is good news...we are planning to go to Miami to see friends in Jan or Feb 2021....Going I-10 > I-75.....was wanting to go to Pensacola to see the base where I learned to fly in the Marines.....I have charging stops already planned for Mobils and DeFuniak....really looking forward to this trip...maybe they will have a supercharger in Pensacola by that time