Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Warnings for First Drive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2019-12-30_10-58-9.jpeg

Since you're picking up at the very end of 2019 this should be mentioned: EXPECT CHAOS! It's not only the end of the quarter, it's also the end of a year. But even worse, people won't get a tax credit unless they take delivery by tomorrow.

So it's gonna be like a zoo, except the tigers and gorillas are loose.

I happen to have a friend who picked up her Model 3 today. She said there was no toilet paper in the dirty restroom, every chair was occupied including the offices where they had guests sit and wait, and they had only standing room for people waiting hours for their car. Employees were running around, and her "briefing" with her car was very, very brief... They had time to show them how to unlock the doors and put it in drive.

I picked up my car at the end of last quarter, and my experience was similar.

IMHO, they should hire temps to clean the bathrooms, make sure their guests get coffee or beverages, and bring in a few extra rented chairs for such days. Customer service affects future sales.

I've generally had good experiences with customer service with Tesla, but they're going through growing pains and it's like this at the end of any quarter, and especially bad for this quarter with the tax credit going away.

In spite of this, my friend is thrilled with her car. I love mine, and you'll love yours.

Reactions: robd
All cars now come with AutoPilot which is Traffic Aware Cruise Control (TACC) and Autosteer. These are not full self-driving (FSD) features but driver “Assist” features. if your ordered FSD, it’s still driver assist at this point so hands on the wheel and be prepared to take over if you use some of the features in beta now. If you read the manual then you are aware of this.

Got it and had an awesome 2 hr drive to a hotel.

I was super careful. It was night, and if doing it over, I would have stayed right where I was and done the first driving in the daytime. But it was fine.

The autopilot did much more than I expected, but I remained completely vigilant.

I supercharged, and I'm not sure the referral worked. Is there some way to see that information?

>Login to your Tesla account and click the 'History' link

I can't find that. I go to my account and I have the picture of the car with the VIN and MANAGE buttons. I choose View Details, and it tells me about the car. Where is that?

the History link is in the top-right corner of the window. It says “Home Account History Sign Out” or possibly just “Home Account Sign Out” if the History link isn’t active yet in your account.

Don't know what car you are coming from, but the Model 3 has a long wheelbase for its size. The rear wheels are close to the end of the car in back and present a different turning radius than our previous cars. The wife had difficulty adjusting to it as evidenced by scrubbing the rear passenger side wheel - repeatedly.

Enjoy driving the future!

I had a 180mi drive at night for my M3p delivery. I had never driven one before and left a busy Chitown. It took a little bit for the cameras to calibrate, but then everything worked. Lots of new things to distract you and just plain fun factor to the max.

I had a 180mi drive at night for my M3p delivery. I had never driven one before and left a busy Chitown. It took a little bit for the cameras to calibrate, but then everything worked. Lots of new things to distract you and just plain fun factor to the max.

Same for me, and as I said, I don't recommend that. I was also trying to coordinate with my wife, driving our other car. Doing it over, I would have driven it to the closest hotel and waited for morning.