Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any way to open passenger door for girlfriend with screen and climate control on?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel the drivers seat sensor is a bit too sensitive. A few days ago while moving slowly when leaving a parking lot, I was moving around messing with my cloths and seat belt and it thought I got up and slammed on the brakes (pot the car in park automatically). I think this happens at very slow speeds only. Good safety feature in case you get out and forget to put it in park, but they could set maybe a small delay...

I feel the drivers seat sensor is a bit too sensitive. A few days ago while moving slowly when leaving a parking lot, I was moving around messing with my cloths and seat belt and it thought I got up and slammed on the brakes (pot the car in park automatically). I think this happens at very slow speeds only. Good safety feature in case you get out and forget to put it in park, but they could set maybe a small delay...

This is why you should always wear your seat belt.

Unless I'm mistaken, if you wear your seat belt, the car will not shift into park if you shift around the seat.

Even if I drive a few feet, I always buckle up each time I get in the car and intend to drive or move the car.

• Disagree
Reactions: cucubits
This is why you should always wear your seat belt.

Unless I'm mistaken, if you wear your seat belt, the car will not shift into park if you shift around the seat.

Even if I drive a few feet, I always buckle up each time I get in the car and intend to drive or move the car.

Same, but sometimes I start rolling slowly while I pull my seatbelt and get comfortable. I know, too many things to do at once...

It really is as simple as bucking up before you put the car in drive. I realize there are many people out there who don't do that, but after a lifetime of requiring that of everyone in the car (and over 30 years as a pilot where you don't even release brakes until you are buckled in, even if just to taxi the plane somewhere else on the airport), it becomes second habit that might one day save your life...

Tesla's not stupid.

You are correct: this doesn't occur above parking lot speeds . . . no need to worry.