Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone can share 6 seat model X's interior dimensions or ideas for wheelchair access?

Wheelchair access in model X, need more information.

• model X's interior dimension

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Width of front and rear door

• Wheelchair access idea

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

accessman

Oct 14, 2018
US
I'm considering wheelchair access in model X. The provided measurements from Tesla were for regular users so I want to know more specific length, width, and height from model X's interior. Anyone who can help me would be great.

driver-seats-1240x930.jpg

A: Front door's bottom width.

B: Gap between steering wheel from fully pushed back driver's seat.

C: Maximum angle of front door opening.

569fe050c08a80e01b8bad7d-2732-1366.jpg

D: Rear door's bottom width.

E: Height from floor to roof.

According to the information from Tesla, it seems like plenty of room for driver's seat and 2nd row seat. However, the problem is I'm thinking of entering the vehicle by front or rear door. So, I'm thinking detach those driver's seat and second row seat to access it with electronic wheelchair. Because, model X's cargo area is placed to high and not enough space to access safely. The width of a wheelchair would be approximately 27 inches, and height would be 43 inches or a little less. It would be great if anyone can share their information or thoughts, thank you very much.

I'm considering wheelchair access in model X. The provided measurements from Tesla were for regular users so I want to know more specific length, width, and height from model X's interior. Anyone who can help me would be great.

View attachment 343925
A: Front door's bottom width.

B: Gap between steering wheel from fully pushed back driver's seat.

C: Maximum angle of front door opening.

View attachment 343924

D: Rear door's bottom width.

E: Height from floor to roof.

According to the information from Tesla, it seems like plenty of room for driver's seat and 2nd row seat. However, the problem is I'm thinking of entering the vehicle by front or rear door. So, I'm thinking detach those driver's seat and second row seat to access it with electronic wheelchair. Because, model X's cargo area is placed to high and not enough space to access safely. The width of a wheelchair would be approximately 27 inches, and height would be 43 inches or a little less. It would be great if anyone can share their information or thoughts, thank you very much.

OP sorry I can’t give dimensions but check out this thread as this poster had similar arrangement

Model X with Hand Controls