Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else getting a "(EUNSPECIFIED) Host unreachable" from the app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried this and it worked for me also. Thanks
I did not do anything in my case, did not touch the wi-fi router or anything else.
All of a sudden after days of getting the error message even after installing the latest version of the Tesla App, it decided to start working again.
I could finally login without getting the silly error message (EUNSPECIFIED) and the app started working again.
No explanation about the root cause of the error message. The Tesla support site is completely useless. 😝

Just got a weird email back from [email protected] stating that they don't monitor the support emails anymore.

"Thank you for contacting Tesla. This email address is no longer monitored.
Visit our Support Site to learn more about our products or services or to find answers to commonly asked questions. If you can’t find what you are looking for, contact us to ask a question. You will need to log into your Tesla Account to ask a question — this is so we know who we’re speaking to and can help you quicker."

I tried getting to the support site as suggested, but there is no way to enter a problem or ask an explanation of what the error message means and what was the cause for it.
Must be the worst customer support I've ever had to deal with.
You can use chat support by following the instructions during business hours.
Customer Support
Chat support is available 8:00am - 3:00pm PST for all Tesla owners in North America. Visit our support pages and click on the Contact Us icon at the bottom of the page to chat with us about your car-related questions.
You have to pick an option that allows you to immediately chat with someone.
Can somebody explain what is causing this error message?
Error:
Failed to log in. Please try again later. (EUNSPECIFIED) No route to host.
Usually it can be fixed by turning off wifi and using mobile internet. You can also try rebooting your router and modem (sometimes the internet provider will assign a new IP) if you are using a device that does not have mobile internet. Just something is causing the connection to trip up (may be related to VPN method tesla uses).

Are any of you using VPN? I had a similar problem when I first started using VPN on my phone. The Tesla app at that time didn't like it, but my VPN app (Nord) has an option called split tunneling which allows you to select apps that are to be excluded from the VPN operation. I added Tesla to that list and haven't had the problem since.

I know this is an old thread but I have had the "tesla failed to log in EUNSPECIFIED" error for a few days while trying to log in to my Tesla App on my Android Samsung S23 Ultra.

My better half has an Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max and this was logging in as usual.

I am a bit of a computer geek and tried to disable my Pi-Hole adblockers but this did nothing. I do run an OpenWRT-based router, so I sceptically rebooted it and... IT WORKED!

Every day is a school day!

Andy

I ran into this sometime ago but the app had a different behavior then. It basically didn't show me any miles or didn't remember the last status.
Fast forward to now (oct-nov 2023) I've started having problem again but the miles is shown from the last time I connected so I thought it was the car.

The minute I got out of the house I was able to connect and that reminded me of the problem I had a while ago.

My wife is on iPhone and she's not affected. I don't recall if this was working on her iPhone the same last time or not though.

What's going on Tesla app?