Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edinburgh service lead time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
Does anyone know what's going with the service centre in Edinburgh?

I bought my 2022 M3LR on the 23rd of April.

Noticed a few issues so logged them in tbe app.

Mobile appointment comes back as the 2nd of April.

Pretty good I though! On the 1st they rescheduled to the 11th due to staff shortages.

On the 11th no one turns up and no one responds to my messages in the app. I call the national service number the following day. They look in to it and I get a message in the app late Friday apologising saying they will rebook ASAP.

A week later I'm still chasing to get rescheduled. Eventually I get a call saying the soonest they can do is the 10th of may.

I tell them I'm away at that time and back on the 14th. I'm told I will need to reschedule from the 10th in the app as they have already booked it in.

So now I've just tried to reschedule. I put my address in and select first date it gives me, except it keeps booking me in to Tesla Belfast and it's not possible to book a mobile service again. So, I called tesla again and now I'm told that the soonest date is the 23rd of May.

So that's 6 weeks from an appointment they missed.

Coming from a Kona EV I can't believe how poor the service is in comparison.

Is this considered 'normal'?

It's incredibly frustrating.

Thank

Huw

Hi

Noticed a few issues so logged them in tbe app.

Mobile appointment comes back as the 2nd of April.

Pretty good I though! On the 1st they rescheduled to the 11th due to staff shortages.

On the 11th no one turns up and no one responds to my messages in the app. I call the national service number the following day. They look in to it and I get a message in the app late Friday apologising saying they will rebook ASAP.

A week later I'm still chasing to get rescheduled. Eventually I get a call saying the soonest they can do is the 10th of may.

I tell them I'm away at that time and back on the 14th. I'm told I will need to reschedule from the 10th in the app as they have already booked it in.

So now I've just tried to reschedule. I put my address in and select first date it gives me, except it keeps booking me in to Tesla Belfast and it's not possible to book a mobile service again. So, I called tesla again and now I'm told that the soonest date is the 23rd of May.

So that's 6 weeks from an appointment they missed.

Coming from a Kona EV I can't believe how poor the service is in comparison.

Is this considered 'normal'?

It's incredibly frustrating.

Thank

Huw
Edinburgh has been excellent for me… so it’s not an overall issue. Last time I used them I got an appointment within 3 working days. There’s obviously something going on that’s disrupting things for whatever reason.

Hi

Perhaps you could jump in your time machine and get them to fix the issues before you buy it :)

Are you getting the same appointments offered if you don't pick the mobile service? IIRC mobile service is resourced from the local SC, so staff shortages in an SC will impact mobile service and I guess they'll prioritise cars that have come into the SC or are minor (you don't say what your issues are).

They (Tesla as a whole) has recently wiped out 15k staff, maybe even 20k according to some reports. Have seen people on FB groups reporting being told by techs that there’s “not enough people left” to do a given job and having to reschedule, etc.

Reactions: init6
Perhaps you could jump in your time machine and get them to fix the issues before you buy it :)

Are you getting the same appointments offered if you don't pick the mobile service? IIRC mobile service is resourced from the local SC, so staff shortages in an SC will impact mobile service and I guess they'll prioritise cars that have come into the SC or are minor (you don't say what your issues are).
Sorry. I meant March. Should have proof read my post 🤣

Reactions: init6
They (Tesla as a whole) has recently wiped out 15k staff, maybe even 20k according to some reports. Have seen people on FB groups reporting being told by techs that there’s “not enough people left” to do a given job and having to reschedule, etc.
That's a very good point. It'll take a while to rebalance the resource if there have been any cuts locally.