Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else have this sticker (?) on 2022 model S passenger side rear quarter panel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s a sticker (I think) matching the paint color on the passenger side rear quarter panel near the front of the wheel well. Is this normal? Anyone else have this or know why it’s there?

Took delivery last august but only just noticed this due to the car being so dirty

Attachments

• IMG_3652.jpeg
    IMG_3652.jpeg
    532.7 KB · Views: 191
Solution
Yes, it's supposed to be on both rear fenders. (I'd suggest you check your other side.)

It's called Paint Protection Film, PPF, and helps prevent a small portion of the fender from rock chips as you drive.

Sadly, it's so tiny that it doesn't do much. We've had several of our MS's completely covered in PPF as I dislike paint chips . . . .
Yes, it's supposed to be on both rear fenders. (I'd suggest you check your other side.)

It's called Paint Protection Film, PPF, and helps prevent a small portion of the fender from rock chips as you drive.

Sadly, it's so tiny that it doesn't do much. We've had several of our MS's completely covered in PPF as I dislike paint chips . . . .

Reactions: Takumi and byeLT4
Upvote 0
Solution