Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2023 Model X rear fog light icon and missing rear passenger reading lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just got our 2023 Model X about 3 weeks ago. We're still in the process of figuring out all its features and trying things out. We did get a 3-month trial of FSD, but want to get more used to driving it ourselves before we go down that rabbit hole.

One oddity I noticed is that the icon for the rear fog lights is amber. Usually, an amber icon means something is wrong, but in this case it seems to be the normal indication. I thought my rear fog lights had some sort of fault condition until I looked it up in the manual. I wonder why the icon isn't green like the front fog light icon. They're "pointed" in opposite directions, so I don't see any reason why they would make it amber and cause unnecessary confusion.

I also noticed that, contrary to the latest owner's manual, the 5-seat Model X does not have rear passenger reading lights. There are 2 retractable coat hangars, mounted on the roof a bit behind the left and right rear passenger headrests, but I can't find any reading lights.

Does anyone know of any other oddities or items the car has or is missing that differs from what the manual says?

Im assuming the rear fog icon is amber to keep it noticeable to the driver. Anything that is constantly illuminating in the rear of the car is distracting. This way you do not get it confused with the green front headlight/fog dash light combo and forget to turn it off. The amber alerts me that they are on and I should turn them off in the event I forget the day after when driving conditions are normal. Again just my assumption.

Reactions: Nizzore and E90alex