Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else with Michelin CrossClimate 2 on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, I just replaced my MX with Michelin CrossClimate 2
Front: 265/45R20 and Rear: 275/45R20

Does anyone else have these tires on their Model X? Any feedback as I can swap them out for OEM tires (new ones). Thank you so much!

Yes, I have these tires on 2/3 of my Xes. Have you already got them? I like them a lot, one of my car goes up to Big Bear CA a lot, so the occasional snow capabilities are great. But even on my personal X, I've been happy with them.

Reactions: G2019
Yes, I have these tires on 2/3 of my Xes. Have you already got them? I like them a lot, one of my car goes up to Big Bear CA a lot, so the occasional snow capabilities are great. But even on my personal X, I've been happy with them.
@spentan thank you for your response. It was just two Rear put in yesterday -- I did not drive much but the family said some noise is still there vs OEM tires. I didn't feel much as I didn't sit in the middle row nor drove much.

I'm awaiting the Front CrossClimate 2 tires: 265/45R20 as it's expected to arrive today or tomorrow in the tire shop.

These tires have a directional way it needs to be installed on each wheel. Were you aware of it?

My only complaint is they are noisier that the bald cross contacts they replaced. 10k miles on my set. (I got the SUV version but it’s now discontinued).
@EbS-P I haven't driven much to notice the noise (just installed it yesterday). I heard there would be noise if the directional ROTATION way is not correct. Have you noticed that on the tire? See these photos:

1684431115613.png

1684431199589.png

I would never drive with them backwards rotating. It pumps water under your tire. Very unsafe.

You can not rotate these tires side to side and since front and rear are not the same size you can’t rotate front to back.

They can be rotated only if you un mount the tires. I probably won’t.
@EbS-P I haven't driven much to notice the noise (just installed it yesterday). I heard there would be noise if the directional ROTATION way is not correct. Have you noticed that on the tire? See these photos:

View attachment 938883

View attachment 938884

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
I think you can rotate them rear left and right but that means you have to un-mount the tires due to the rotational position on these tires.

Same for FRONT left and right rotate.

IS IT WORTH it?
What will you get charged? 15-25$ a tire. Might be worth it to do once if they are wearing unevenly. 10k miles on mine and I haven’t.

I think it's free at the place I bought the tires to do rotation and balance - I think that was part of the tire maintenance for the life of the tires (or until it wears out)
I don’t think it will be free to un mount the tires and remount. But you should ask. Remember your warranty for a staggered front rear set up is half of the listed mileage. So 30k for CC2s

I don’t think it will be free to un mount the tires and remount. But you should ask. Remember your warranty for a staggered front rear set up is half of the listed mileage. So 30k for CC2s
I will check.... hopefully I get 30k mileage on the CC2s. The OEM Continental CrossContact I got close to 23K mileage, I think that was good?

Last edited:
@EbS-P thanks for your responses. I'm thinking of doing a wheel alignment as I haven't had one in a long time.. Do I need to take it to Tesla Service Center or can one of the local Auto Shops (e.g. Goodyear or so) can do the alignment for Tesla?

Hi all, I just came across this article "the Best Tires for Model X" and CC2 is not on the list for whatever reason.

Yokohama Geolandar X-CV - Best All Season is the best recommended.​

@EbS-P thanks for your responses. I'm thinking of doing a wheel alignment as I haven't had one in a long time.. Do I need to take it to Tesla Service Center or can one of the local Auto Shops (e.g. Goodyear or so) can do the alignment for Tesla?
Anyone should be able to do an alignment. I found a shop around the corner from a Tesla authorized bodyshop.

I suggest getting lifetime alignment for $210 at Firestone. They've been doing a great job with my Model X and 3, and after the crazy rains here in CA and hitting some potholes, I had piece of mind as I could just take it in for alignment again with no extra charge. I also had a experience with Tesla Service center doing my alignment (which cost ~$275 each time), I had to bring it back once and tell them my steering wheel still wasn't straight, and they said they did fix it, but apparently did not. 2nd service advisor apologized that it wasn't done correctly the first time.

Just a heads-up. The cross climate is a horribly inefficient tire. If you want more balance and a sticky feel, try the pilot sport all season 4. The pilots have been great on my model 3, but there is a slightly noticeable efficiency drop.
My 10k mile average consumption mostly city driving (half the mileage is in a 45 mph zone). Is 345 wh/mile.