Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used 2020 model x runs 275/45R20 all around??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up a new to me 2020 model x LR+. The rears have visible steel visible on the inner sidewalls so I know I should replace them. Front tires look great still (and I don't believe suffer from same wear issues as rears, right?). But while looking around I noticed the fronts are also 275/45R20. I know the previous owner had the tires changed previously. I'm not sure if what he did was "safe"?

Just picked up a new to me 2020 model x LR+. The rears have visible steel visible on the inner sidewalls so I know I should replace them. Front tires look great still (and I don't believe suffer from same wear issues as rears, right?). But while looking around I noticed the fronts are also 275/45R20. I know the previous owner had the tires changed previously. I'm not sure if what he did was "safe"?
You should look at the door jam for your tire label specs.

My front tires' width is narrower "265" while the rears is wider "275".

I guess as long as your front tires don't scrape at anything, especially in an extreme turn, you should be fine.

You should look at the door jam for your tire label specs.

My front tires' width is narrower "265" while the rears is wider "275".

I guess as long as your front tires don't scrape at anything, especially in an extreme turn, you should be fine.
Good call but I think all specs are either 265 or 255. I'll attempt a sharp turn and see what happens.

I’m just saying for the fronts the 255s were for the smaller battery it’s real easy to mix them up and put the 275s upfront. The wheel width on the rear tires can’t go up front and both sets of tires will fit on both sets of wheels. Ask me how I know :)