Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone get their misaligned headlight and rear light gaps fixed at Tesla Service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have some alignment issues on my front passenger side headlight where the headlight is not centered within the panels and there are large gaps on one side.

On the rear driver side brake light next to the charger port it's not flush with the rest of the body.

Has anyone got similar issues fixed by Tesla? If they are easy fixes I may get it fixed but I don't want to create two problems trying to fix one if it's a pain to fix.

Attachments

• IMG_1966.jpg
    IMG_1966.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_1964.jpg
    IMG_1964.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 579
  • IMG_1963.jpg
    IMG_1963.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 497
  • Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Yeah I took mine in. Headlights were better but still not perfect. The rear was fixed better but I think the charge port door is not misaligned. I'm too lazy to bring it in again. I think that's Tesla's MO right now. Wear them down so they stop complaining.

After seeing all the posts with alignment issues etc, I feel so lucky , I thought a few mm off here and there was bad but nothing like what I've seen on the forums. I am lucky that my car has had pretty much zero issues, there were a few paint drips but in concealed area, VIN 317xx I think mine was built just before the rush ( it's always been a rush but before they were doing 24/7 shifts) and the tent?

I have a very early 3 (March 2018) with almost zero defects at delivery, and had to refuse my P3D- twice due to paint, glass, headlight and panel gap issues. The third time we accepted delivery (August 2018) and then had to schedule service for a few more issues. I think the run-up to 5000 cars a week pushed cars out the door a little to fast. The local SC manager and I are still negotiating some goodwill perks. We'll see if it finally looks and runs as well as my early rear-wheel drive version does. My recommendation is to bring a flashlight to inspect the paint at the delivery session and to not be afraid to decline to accept it if its bad. They'll fix it and try again in a few days. Also when you decline to accept it you can also delay the final payment.