Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have issues with their insurance for a Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Erie in Ohio. 500/300 with 500/100 deductibles. Had a 2008 Ford Fusion and a 2016 Honda Odyssey. Kept both cars at same coverage, added the Tesla (but lowered the ford to a “pleasure” vehicle as my son grows 2 more years)

Annual premiums went from 1300ish to 1400ish. I don’t know why or how, but that’s how they changed for me.

No. Speed and acceleration are not a factor, as I can tell.
Minor deduction for unsafe following and the biggest seems to be forward collusion warning, which happens without me even noticing, and aggresive turning. Both happen to me and I have no idea when they happen.
Sounds like I’ll stick with USAA. I hate the idea of an insurance company judging my driving daily. I’m already married. 😆

• Funny
Reactions: JssonB
Oh, Yes- I have issues

Instead of reimbursing me $1095 for a legitimate windshield replacement (in Aug) as promised, Tesla simply charged my credit card and Tesla Insurance didn't blink.
I have been calling multiple numbers at Tesla Insurance over a few days, including the mysterious claim adjuster, NO BODY PICKES UP MY CALL, NOR RETURN MY MESSAGES.

Before you decide on signing for Tesla Insurance, remember- they are very good at at taking your premium on time, but when you need to talk to a human being none is available. So consider others.