Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone move to a black headliner yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm waiting on my P3D+ to be delivered in a couple weeks, I opted for Midnight Silver with white interior. I'd really like a black headliner in the car, preferably alcantara / "vegan suede". I've see people in other car scenes just wrap the current headliner with their preferred fabric but i was hoping someone like TSportline would come out with a package of black parts.

Has anyone attempted or thought about doing this? Anyone done some research on it?

I can belive it......They dont have the 35k model out yet. When everything is ramped up they will probably have the black headliner option like on the X. That is also the exact combo i want with Alcantera. Sad they got rid of Alcantera after the first batch of model 3s

@Sicklyscott I priced out the parts at my service center a couple months ago, and it turned out to be way out of budget.. We’re talking thousands.

There are a bunch of extra parts that’d need to be painted/changed.. You’d need new speaker covers, seatbelt mechanisms, visors, visor clips, visor arms, coat hangers, and the hard plastic covers around the hazards and lights for the front and rear seats just off the top of my head.

Unless someone is able to get all of those parts from a donor car for cheap, I doubt we’ll see anyone daring enough to make the change.

... As for the wood dash insert though, it’s surprisingly cheap! I actually got my hands on a spare (took ~2 months) and am exploring what color I want to change it to. Might do a high gloss piano black, but still thinking.