Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White vs Black interior on the long-range Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the white interior because I didn't like the door panel material on the black interior in the early photos. I've now noticed that they have a completely different door panel material on the black long-range vs standard range. I like the long-range black door panel material, it's much more premium (Alcantara).

My long-range M3H car is due for payment and will be delivered in a week or two. I'm having second thoughts about choosing a white interior. Some questions:

1. Is there any difference between the white interior on the long-range and standard-range (like there is for black interior)?
2. Does anybody have pictures that directly compare the white door panel interior with the black door panel on the long-range?
3. Anybody want to throw in their opinion? I think I prefer the black interior on the long-range but I will be put to the back of the queue if I change now.

1. No difference in white interior between models. You're paying for the upgrade.
  2. The white door panel is the same material as the seat material, not white Alcantara.
  3. The white seats I've had discolor quickly - particularly if you wear jeans - but cleaning them wasn't too difficult. However, the previous generation seats weren't perforated and in my experience with other vehicles, cleaning is a PITA as cleaner gets in the holes and becomes sticky when it dries - collecting dust. I'd recommend searching the MS/MX forums as those are ventilated seats.

Last edited: