Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone own 2 model 3s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I plan on ordering the LR AWD tomorrow, but considering getting a second one at the 35k price. Is it worth it to have 2 of the same exact vehicles with just different specs? I get this depends on the individual as we are all in different situations, but just want to know if you would do the same if you can or keep an ICE vehicle. I would go for a model s/x/y, but no room in the budget. It’s only one higher spec 3 and base 3.

We own two Model 3’s. Both are black, LR RWD, 18” aero tires. One has AP/FSD, the other has neither. I couldn’t justify spending an extra $8K on the FSD stuff on the second car since if we go on a long trip we can always take the car that has it. Otherwise we are very happy to have the two, which are the only cars we own.

Reactions: EinSV and Scott7
I personally think it's a great idea to get both. The 35k deal is bloody amazing, and who knows how much longer Tesla can keep that going.
It will depreciate much more slowly than an ICE-age car, is the safest car you can get, and will cost a lot less to run.
No downside really. Maybe keep it for a couple of years and fatten up the budget, then trade for a Y.

Reactions: Scott7
We own 2, we bought them 1 year apart.
#1: LR RWD with EAP and FSD
#2: was originally going to be a SR+ with AP, but we upgraded to MR with AP during the sale at the end of the quarter.
A few years ago I never thought I would own a Tesla, much less two of them! But when the SR/SR+ was released with the tax credits still available, it just made sense to replace our Prius now.

We plan on using the LR for trips (we already took one trip with it last year). On weekends we switch off between the two. We still have a Toyota mini van in the garage though. It's paid off and useful when we want to haul stuff that we don't want to put in the Teslas. But it's definitely not necessary