Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered 2 days before the refresh, what happens?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey just wondering if anyone else has any experience with this situation.

I placed my model 3 order 2 days ago, right before the highland refresh announcement. Does anyone know for sure that I'll receive the new refreshed model?

I asked a few different reps in various departments with mixed responses. I just wanted to make sure I don't have to cancel my order or that I'd get the older model.

In my app the order still has the picture of the old model. Do they send out a reconfig request?

Thanks in advance.

I'd be a little bit concerned about the order if it's the Highland refresh you want. I haven't experienced being in your shoe myself. But with orders, in general, they try to stick to it as much as possible and any changes have been communicated. So, if you don't get any communication about it, there may be a chance you get the old one.

Reactions: evo9rs
Two people answered you.
You seem to be disregarding the first.

I would advise you to expect the old version of the 3 and be pleasantly surprised if you get a Highland.
Stay in close contact with your advisor, and if they say you will get a Highland, get it in writing. As Tesla already has in writing that you ordered the pre-Highland version.

• Informative
Reactions: MontyFloyd
I would advise you to expect the old version of the 3 and be pleasantly surprised if you get a Highland.
Anything "old version" would be a 2023 model year vehicle. Nobody placing a new custom order on Jan 8 would reasonably expect or accept a 2023 instead of the current model year. The leftover 2023s are all listed in inventory at a significant discount.

Stay in close contact with your advisor, and if they say you will get a Highland, get it in writing. As Tesla already has in writing that you ordered the pre-Highland version.
This isn't necessary. If for some reason you're assigned a 2023 VIN and "old" car then simply reject it and say you want a 2024. There's nothing more to it.