Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyone purchased and use a pre-cut ppf before?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the eBay store no. But he has a website you can order from.

Sorry for replying on a older thread. But I wanted to confirm that northtints store and the one on eBay of the same name are two different merchants. Anyone ordered from the NorthTints.store? The non eBay merchant? Please let me know as I just placed an order from them and want to know if they're legit.

Just done DIY PPF installation (Full front + side doors) on 1 wk-old MYLR using precut 3M from North Tints.
Not perfect nor professional quality but I am happy that I have done as the 1st timer amateur.
It was tough to stretch the 3M PPF especially on the bumper but very doable.
May I ask if you ordered from NorthTints the store or the one from eBay? I found out they're entirely different merchants with the same name.

Guys please post photos of your install.
I've just completed the full body PPF project on my 2023 model X. I bought the pre cut kit from Drive Protected for $2200 (after the 20% discount). It took me 5 days (6-8 hours per day) to complete. After that I exposed the car to sunlight to allow the moisture inside the bubbles to evaporate faster. Most of the bubbles (circled in yellow) disappeared after a few days. There are some dirt particles (I circled them in blue) that got trapped between the film and paint (because I am an amateur) but they are not detected when viewed 3-4 feet away. I am very happy with the overall result.
20231105_215739.jpg
20231105_204235 (2).jpg

Next to my model X is my 2018 model S, which was professionally wrapped with Suntek film 5 years ago. I paid $6000 for the service. I had to re-wrap the front bumper a year later because my son hit the wall at one of the McDonald's drive thru's. I used hair dryer to pop out the dent on the bumper. The paint underneath was still in pristine condition. The cost for re-wrapping the bumper was $800. Below is the picture of a 5 yo wrap....still shinny. I highly recommend the ppf on all Tesla cars because their paint is very soft and scratches very easily. I have a black BMW X7 and I don't need to wrap it.
20231105_213106.jpg

Just my 2 cents on northtints precut ppf front bumper: I believe the shape is not quite accurate. Required much more stretching than usual. I have ST3K from them.
I did both STEK and 3M from Northtints. The fit is spot on, the PPF on the bumper does require a good amount of stretch. I do have to say doing the front bumper on my 2022 Model Y with USS was easier than the front bumper on my 2023 Model 3 without USS. The USS give you more reference points which helps with fit.

Has anyone tried the hydrotek films from northtints.store? these are slightly cheaper and based on the simple chart, they don't look worse on paper compared to the others. However, i can't find any reviews on them and am wary of going with an unheard of brand.

Has anyone tried the hydrotek films from northtints.store? these are slightly cheaper and based on the simple chart, they don't look worse on paper compared to the others. However, i can't find any reviews on them and am wary of going with an unheard of brand.
I bought front bumper ppf from them. My subjective opinion as the first-time installer - runs a bit smaller (width).

I don’t have any experience with the Hydrotek PPF, but I bought a full front STEK PPF kit for my Model Y and full front 3M PPF kit for my Model 3 from northtints.com.
Both were great and they even reached out after I accidentally forgot to add the “edge wrapping” to my Model 3 order to confirm since edge wrapping is preferred.