Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP Reports Tesla seeking $400 million

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
General Motors, Chrysler and Tesla Motors Inc. have applied for loans and Ford CEO Alan Mulally said the automaker plans to apply on Tuesday. GM, Chrysler and Ford have not disclosed the amount of funding they're seeking from the Energy Department or for what purposes. Tesla said it was seeking about $400 million in loans for two projects.

See link below:

The Associated Press: Automakers beg for aid as bailout bill stalls

I would hope that they would learn from their mistakes. Looking too far ahead at this point in time would not be the brightest thing to do. Maybe the money is to ramp up their powertrain sales.:confused:

It seems that the amount they are looking for continues to go up. When they first said they were building the plant they said 150 million. Then, after the 100 million in investing fell through, they said 200 million. But now, they say 400 million. Is their business really doing that bad?

I find it a little ironic that gas is selling at about $55 per barrel, which is at it's lowest since I can remember. This at a time when the auto industry is begging for money for developing electric cars. Conspiracy theorists, start your engines.