Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP Tracking off-Centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since I took possession of my MS (Dec 2017) I've found that AP has tracked left-of-centre. To be clear, the car stays in the lane, it just does not track the centre of the lane. As the tracking accuracy of AP increased with subsequent SW releases, and tracking became more accurate, this tendency became more apparent. As of release 8, the problem graduated from a 'tendency' to a definite irritant. With release 12, the irritant has become a real problem, to the extent that I can no longer use AP until the problem is solved. The tracking accuracy is so good now that the car stays left, and I can't stand the car staying leftward when transport trucks and other large vehicles pass on the left. The vehicles are just too close together for comfort. Also, rightward curves on secondary roads, take the car even more leftward towards oncoming traffic. I should be clear that there are no obstructions on the right that might cause the car to move over for. This is happening almost all the time. Interestingly, the dash display shows the car left-of-centre inside the blue lines, which seems to indicate that AP knows it's off-centre.

Has anyone else out there had this problem? And if so, do you know of a solution? So far, my local Tesla centre has brushed me off with the "AP is a beta application" BS, and could I use a little feedback to assist me when I tackle them again.