Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP drives an MY left of centre.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove a friend's 2021 MY from Tucson to SE AZ (about 150 miles). The car had been checked out by the Tesla service centre following a fender-bender, which caused the ADAS to refuse to function. Tesla cleared the error codes and restored the ADAS and inspected the cars suspension and drive train, which all seemed fine.

I thought that AP was working well in city traffic but when I tried it on the freeway, AP no longer kept the car centred in the lane, but instead centred towards the left side of lane.

The car also has FSD and when I tried that it keeps the car's left side almost touching the left side lane marker (line). FSD seem to position the car so far left that it was unsafe, whereas AP seems safe but isn't working as before.

Did you file a support request within the tesla app explaining this and asking for a resolution?
I would but it's not my car. I was hoping that maybe it was a bug in a recent MY firmware update. The owners are elderly and a trip to the service centre is 300 miles, there and back.

I'll test drive it again, and then advise them to file another service request. Maybe it can be diagnosed and resolved remotely.

I had my windshield replaced several thousand miles ago. The shop here CONUS recalibrated AP on their test stand and took a drive.

When I took back possession lane keeping was so bad I opened a ticket while simultaneously resetting the calibration on the user side. It was driving about a foot left of painted centerline until it perceived an oncoming vehicle.

The end user recalibration completely resolved the issue and I cancelled the ticket.

Safelite in case anyone was wondering. Was warrantied if that hadn't worked. The windshield and AP has been fine since.