Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App charging display question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed that the charging display in the app shows the charging rate in mi/hr, BUT also shows an extra number of miles (see below). Guess I'm not smart enough to know what that's about. Anyone?

(Note that I had the Amps set to 23. I was playing around with that at the time to see how much effect different amperages had on charge rate, so don't scold me. lol)

Tesla Charging Display.jpg

I've noticed that the charging display in the app shows the charging rate in mi/hr, BUT also shows an extra number of miles (see below). Guess I'm not smart enough to know what that's about. Anyone?

(Note that I had the Amps set to 23. I was playing around with that at the time to see how much effect different amperages had on charge rate, so don't scold me. lol)

View attachment 988912

Its the number of miles added during that charging session. Its simply the difference in the miles you started with as represented in the app and the miles it shows at the time you are looking. If you started with 150 miles and when you look you have 200 miles remaining, it would show +50 miles.

Reactions: MikeRTX