Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App confusion (email address, add driver, no support) and frustration!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been using the Tesla Android app. Just upgraded to my new phone and discovered that when I signed in on the new phone, "my" account didn't know anything about my car. Inspecting the account on the old phone, I see that Tesla simply invented an email address (hotmail, go figure) that I don't have access to.

Question 1: How to change the email that's used on the working account on the old phone? Because I can't find a way to do that.

Question 2: How to use Car Access to add a driver (me, with my proper email address) using the old app. Tesla seems to point to the app for all things, except the "add driver" hack seems to only work on the web, which of course I can't log into because it's not my email.

Thanks in advance for helping me figure this out--Tesla online apps on this are non-existent and they won't help by phone.

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 7.57.32 AM.jpg

Update for anyone who finds this thread: It turns out that the only way to fix this problem is to call Tesla, pretend you have a need for roadside assistance and then they'll manually transfer you to someone who says they can manually connect the two devices. At least they said they did, but five days later, it's still not working.