Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding tesla account in a grey market

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi sorry if this has been discussed, spent months trying to figure this out to no avail.
Is it actually possible to add the vehicle to my tesla account and app.
The car was originally from the uk, shipped brand new here and im the secound owner.
First owner never activated it for app use only card. the dealership was somehow able to add me as an additional driver but would not make me the main owner of the vehicle. i have all the documents proving its mine.
Also have tried emailing tesla and nothing.
Website sadly doesn't have Indonesia as a choice and doing it through the car always get no lte/wifi when adding.

Thanks

if the dealership added u as a driver then they Do have full access to app
all they have to do is remove the car from app n type in ur email address during that process
u should be able to get wifi to work just like a cellphone after connecting it to some hotspot....
lte obviously won't work if its not the approved area...

Upvote 0
if the dealership added u as a driver then they Do have full access to app
all they have to do is remove the car from app n type in ur email address during that process
u should be able to get wifi to work just like a cellphone after connecting it to some hotspot....
lte obviously won't work if its not the approved area...
Hey brian

Sadly the dealership is abit of a d***. They only want to add me as an additional driver. They keep telling me they gave me the full access which is a lie(even that took alot of arguing before i got it). Been over 8 months of bs from them. So seeing if there is away i can do it without them. Outside of that yup using hotspot

Upvote 0
that's unfortunate...
yes u can easily add car to app with documents like Title, registration, bill of sale but i'm not sure how grey market affects that
last car i added with just bill of sale, took 2 days but it worked
u do need the car online cause u have to change the name of the car as part of transfer process

Upvote 0
Yeah sadly. Not sure why would be easy for them to do it. Ill probably try through the website just pick a country that is available and see if it works. Because through app always get the bellow error even when the car is connected to wifi and i get normal updates like everyone else even early usually. Or maybe cars in grey market just cant be added🤷

Attachments

• IMG_0160.png
    IMG_0160.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 12
Upvote 0