Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App stopped reporting climate temperature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 MY AWD Austin built: After notification of newly available software, which won’t be installed until 1 am tomorrow, the phone app stopped reporting climate temp, and it won’t let me operate cabin overheat options.

Anyone have same happening with them? Maybe it’s a preventative measure?

Try closing and reopening the Tesla app.

If that does not correct the issue, try rebooting the Tesla screen computer (Press and hold the left and right steering wheel scroll wheels for longer than ~6 seconds.) Do this while your Tesla Model Y is parked. The screen will go dark and the Infotainment computer that controls the screen interface will reboot after several minutes.

Lastly, you could log out of your Tesla account on the Tesla app and log back in. You will need the password for your Tesla account.

Other considerations:

Did you add a new second user profile to your Tesla Model Y? Multiple user profiles reportedly can cause issues with Cabin Overheat Protection.

Have you given the access credentials to your Tesla account to any third party applications for energy monitoring, charging, Apple watch automation etc. ? Third party apps can cause issues with the Tesla charging settings and climate control settings.

Thanks for the info. We’ve had two separate Tesla accounts and two authorized phones and zero issues with car/app reporting climate - until the moment we scheduled the vehicle software update. I know this because we’ve watched climate daily due to hot days and new-user curiosity about the differences between climate protection options vs. none.

The vehicle updated last night, and climate reporting is up & running just fine now without any app log out, though I’m sure the car rebooted as part of the update 👍🏻