Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App to start the car expired

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello again guys.
I posted this message on an old thread that I started and being that no one has replied, I am re-posting it as new thread.
Hopefully it will be read and someone will let me know what is going on and what my options are being that I believe a FOB is no longer available (an option) for the Model Y.

I made several stops this morning and on every occassion, I was able to open the car door using the phone app but I was advised that my subscriptions has expired, fyi I purchase the car for roughly 18 months, and had to use the key to start the car.
Is this a glitch in the latest software update or do I either buy the subscription or use the car key to start the car from now on?
Thank you
Bob

In conjunction with what @shoemakj suggested I would go into your car and select the "Locks" menu in settings. There will be a table with all your authorized keys. If the car currently detects the key it will say active and be in bold font. This will be helpful to show more immediately if the car detects the key when troubleshooting. If all else falis I would try deleting the phone key and repairing it. You'll need the key card to do this.

Reactions: shoemakj
Upvote 0