Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App update coverage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what triggers allowing you to update coverage from within the app? In the past I was always able to tap the button to change coverage right from the app, but for the past 1 month roughly the button has been greyed out so I can't use it. I wanted to change coverage as my policy renews in two days.

I was going to call Tesla Insurance to change it for me, but wait time is "greater than one hour" and frankly I can't sit around and wait like that.

I got a quote from State Farm again as I used them in the past and the same coverage but with greater property damage is cheaper now, so thinking about just moving back to them but ideally not so I can continue to get windshield part discounts with Tesla Insurance (as I travel a lot, windshield damage is annoying and practically yearly).

Since my policy renews soon I'm thinking the coverage change button will be available after the policy renews but I don't know. No information about it online.