Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arachnid Set for Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good evening, I won a set of Arachnid's on the referral prize and since my family has gone up by one more; we see the need of a Model X. Will be trading in the Model S - it already has 21" and a full separate set of winter tyres.

So I want to sell the Arachnid set. They have never been used, in fact they have not even come out of the bags - except for them to be photographed. (selling for $5,500.00 CDN)

IMG_0619.jpg IMG_0620.jpg IMG_0621.jpg IMG_0622.jpg IMG_0623.jpg

I figure if one will pay $5,900.00 CDN for the 21" options when ordering; maybe they would like a set of the Arachnids, they are lighter and are worth more. Would it not be simpler to order an S with the regular wheels and save $5,900.00 and buy a set of arachnids for $5K or make a realistic offer on the forum??

I get it nobody wants to pay privately for equipment at retail prices, I get it. But that does not mean one has to sell them off for well below their value. I would sell for less than $5,500.00 CDN of course, but $3K. Never. I will keep them and trade them in with the Model S if it comes to that. I may be able to get a good value to include with my S when traded in for the X. That car will have three sets of full wheels... optional 21"s, with new tires, a full set of winters on slipstreams (one winter) and a set of new never used arachnids. Seems like a very desirable Model S to me.

I just thought there was someone reasonable out there who has an S with the regular wheels and wants to sharpen his/her S and not have to worry about aftermarket rims that some people have had issues with on their S. This is made by Tesla for Tesla... if there are any problems you can get resolved from Tesla and not some third party mail order company you only know off through mail-order.

Does that not make sense? anyway, my two cents. The X is not due until end of June, so i will leave the add up for another month, then renegotiate with Tesla when it comes to final appraisal on my S and trade-in.

If there are Arachnids out there for less, then of course it makes sense to buy it if Arachnids are what you want.

Makes sense but supply and demand is against you; at least, here in the US. There are many owners selling their 'free' wheels from the referral program for much less than you're asking. If you can get better value by including them with your S sale, then I'd go that route but it's highly unlikely.

Makes sense but supply and demand is against you; at least, here in the US. There are many owners selling their 'free' wheels from the referral program for much less than you're asking. If you can get better value by including them with your S sale, then I'd go that route but it's highly unlikely.

Remember that my asking is in CDN not USD. What I am asking is equivalent to about $3,800.00/$4,000.00 USD. Again that is the asking. If I get an offer I can live with, that is another question entirely.

Cheers,

Remember that my asking is in CDN not USD. What I am asking is equivalent to about $3,800.00/$4,000.00 USD. Again that is the asking. If I get an offer I can live with, that is another question entirely.

Cheers,
Your asking is bonkers on this site.. Doesnt matter if you're in Canada as anyone can transfer a US owners referral award for these wheels to themselves at their local Canadian service centre.

Don't waste your time selling here unless you want 3500-3700 cdn (the going rate). But don't get mad when people remind you how far off the mark your pricing is.

Just sell them on the local Kijiji site for your area. You won't get 5k but you'll get more there than you will here.

Reactions: Astraviel
Your asking is bonkers on this site.. Doesnt matter if you're in Canada as anyone can transfer a US owners referral award for these wheels to themselves at their local Canadian service centre.

Don't waste your time selling here unless you want 3500-3700 cdn (the going rate). But don't get mad when people remind you how far off the mark your pricing is.

Just sell them on the local Kijiji site for your area. You won't get 5k but you'll get more there than you will here.

Thanks for your input, but They have been sold. And not for the little range you advised they should be.

I did not get mad when "people" advise I am off the mark. I find this being off the mark - by the way who amoungst you are qualified to make this so-called mark/going rate, very self-serving if you ask me. Those full set of wheels had a value and one that could be deduced by honestly looking at what Tesla would be selling them for.

Tesls now offers the arachnids on only the "P" model S and they are $5,900.00 CDN upgrade. Remember that means they take into consideration the value of the wheels set you get standard. That is the same price as the upgrade to the 21" turbine wheels. Now if you were to buy the Turbine wheel set off Tesla they go for $7,800.00. CDN. So I figures the Arachnids cost at least that much.

Selling for $3,500 - $3,700 is less than 50% of the cost. Enough said. They are sold and at a price that is fair and more appropriate. For those who sent me an offer I thank you for your interest, but they have been sold and are off the market.