Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
To anyone in Arizona that has a Tesla:

To drive in the HOV lane, is the auto required to have the blue cloud plate? Or can we just use a regular plate, or maybe a vanity plate? Or maybe a sticker or something other than that uncomely plate?

The reason we're asking is the blue cloud plate looks like cartoon clouds from "The Simpsons", and clashes w/ the car.

TIA,

~ Bruce

Check this out...ARS 28-2416.

28-2416 - Alternative fuel vehicle special plates; stickers; use of high occupancy vehicle lanes; definition

Seems like it allows for an alternative fuel sticker in lieu of a cloud plate.

D. If a motor vehicle qualifies pursuant to this section and any other special plates are issued pursuant to article 7, 8 or 13 of this chapter or section 28-2414 or 28-2514 for the motor vehicle, the department may issue an alternative fuel vehicle sticker to the person who owns the motor vehicle. The alternative fuel vehicle sticker shall be diamond-shaped, shall indicate the type of alternative fuel used by the vehicle and shall be placed on the motor vehicle as prescribed by the department.

E. Except as provided in section 28-337, a person may drive a motor vehicle with alternative fuel vehicle special plates or an alternative fuel vehicle sticker in high occupancy vehicle lanes at any time, regardless of occupancy level, without penalty.

I'm tempted to put my 100 Club plate on my 3 now, but I'm not sure I want a sticker.

Last edited:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC