Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ask for some advices about range losing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, i got my M3 MR since this March 2019, that was the winter in Canada, from the 1st day i charged my M3 at 90%(till now) it gave me 383kms, after several days drive, i can only get 379kms, i thought it might be because of the weather, the temperature, the driving habits or sth. but recently(in June)i can only get 373km at 90% charged, even it is summer in Canada. So is this range keep dropping normal? shall i go to ask the SC for some help?

I'm guessing you don't drive very much each day and charge everyday.

The shallow recharging throws off the BMS. You're not actually losing range, the BMS is just miscalculating the actual amount of range.

You can recalibrate it by running down the charge to 5-10% then recharging back to 90%. It took me 3-4 times of doing this and it went back up to normal readings but I assume it's going to eventually get off again.

I'm guessing you don't drive very much each day and charge everyday.

The shallow recharging throws off the BMS. You're not actually losing range, the BMS is just miscalculating the actual amount of range.

You can recalibrate it by running down the charge to 5-10% then recharging back to 90%. It took me 3-4 times of doing this and it went back up to normal readings but I assume it's going to eventually get off again.

thanks,i drove about 9000kms within these 3+ months, and charged every day to 90%, but never lower than 10%. anyway i will try your way and see.... thanks