Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auburn, WA Supercharger Permit!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Padelford

Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2017
Seattle
I've been hoping Tesla will follow its published plan & install a Supercharger in Enumclaw, WA to open up Mt Rainier NP, Crystal Mt Resort, and other recreational areas in that area. However, they've instead chosen to put a Supercharger in Auburn, WA near an outlet mall (The Outlet Collection) at the intersection of SR 167 and SR 18. This is actually west of Auburn. I've no idea whether this is going to be a full Supercharger or an Urban Supercharger.

The permit # is TEN19-0006. The contact is Barghausen Consulting Engineers out of Kent, WA. There is no contractor. Permit filed 1/17/19. I'll give them a call Monday & see if they can provide more details.

The Auburn installation does not show on Tesla's Supercharger map. Yet. Recall what happened with Leavenworth - the plan was to put a Supercharger in Wenatchee, and the plan didn't change until the Leavenworth installation was well underway or completed.

Using A Better Routeplanner, the Auburn location does definitely help me with visiting Mt Rainier, but the Enumclaw location is still better. I'm starting from south Seattle.

No extra Supercharger: starting with a 100% charge and assuming a round trip back home, I have to use the Issaquah Supercharger AFTER visiting Sunrise to reach Paradise and get home, a ridiculous solution.

With the Auburn Supercharger and a charge there to 100%, I can get my optimal route (stops at Sunrise & Paradise, looping Mt Rainier NP) and get home with a 12% SOC. However, if I stop at Auburn on the way home for a short charge, I get home without worry. Plus, there are CHAdeMO chargers in Puyallup, WA that I could also use on the way home as a backup plan (I have the adaptor).

With a Supercharger at Enumclaw and a charge to 100%, I can get my optimal route and get home with 20% SOC without another charging stop.

In conclusion, I'd really rather have the Enumclaw, WA Supercharger as originally planned, but I can live with a full Supercharger at the Auburn location.

Status
Not open for further replies.