Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio drops out and audible clicking sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the last update to 2021.44.30.21, I've experienced a strange issue with the premium audio system in my M3. Regardless of source, the audio drops and there's approximately 2-3 seconds of a clicking sound. The audio then returns. It's very similar to what was briefly described in this thread:

audio-system-looses-bass-or-all-sound-and-strange-clicking.255828

I'm not sure if this is a known issue with 2021.44.30.21, or if it's a hardware issue. Twice I've done a soft reset with the steering wheel buttons and that seemed to temporarily solve the problem, at least for that drive. (Once, the audio dropped out completely and didn't come back until a reset.)

Anyone else notice this? Hoping it's just a known bug that will disappear after the next update.

I have the same problem - when enjoying music (at an elevated volume), the audio will often drop for seconds at a time - then will turn back on (as if I'd only turned the volume to 0 and then back again quickly). Is it an overheating amp? Has anyone been able to get to the bottom of this issue? I've got a 2018 Model 3 with the premium interior - this problem has been ongoing for years but would love to know if anyone's seen a fix come thru?

Yes - had this problem and went away after taking it to get serviced for that specific issue under warranty after it was occurring consistently everyday. Anything to do with the steering wheel roller ball controls, or even front sensors would trigger sometimes. They ultimately said it was software upgrade.
Have not had it since.

• Informative
Reactions: TBrownTX