Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Audio or Microphone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been having issues with the audio not working in my 2018 Model 3 LR for a while now. I have done the scroll wheel reset, the power off for 10+ minutes reset, and the remove 12V and main battery reset to no avail. The microphone also does not work, I get a "Microphone not initialized" message when trying to use the voice commands.

I was hoping maybe it needed an update as I have seen that mentioned as a possible fix, but the only update the system shows it is waiting on is a navigation update, no firmware update shows ready to download. Current firmware is 2022.28.2 and Nav data NA-2022.28-14046. If I connect to my home wi-fi or even my mobile hot-spot so I know it's a strong signal, the Nav update will not download. The bar turns green like it is starting but no matter how long I sit there, it will never start moving. The bluetooth connection works, my phone is seen by the car and the LTE connection works as I can access the car through the app and I can play movies through Netflix and Disney+ when I have the Bluetooth and wi-fi turned off.

I have searched here and google and read lots of threads with people having audio issues, but I haven't seen all of these issues in anyone else's post so far. I'm past the warranty so I am trying to see what I can do myself before calling service. Is there a module in the car that these items are all tied to that isn't the entire MCU?

I've been having issues with the audio not working in my 2018 Model 3 LR for a while now. I have done the scroll wheel reset, the power off for 10+ minutes reset, and the remove 12V and main battery reset to no avail. The microphone also does not work, I get a "Microphone not initialized" message when trying to use the voice commands.

I was hoping maybe it needed an update as I have seen that mentioned as a possible fix, but the only update the system shows it is waiting on is a navigation update, no firmware update shows ready to download. Current firmware is 2022.28.2 and Nav data NA-2022.28-14046. If I connect to my home wi-fi or even my mobile hot-spot so I know it's a strong signal, the Nav update will not download. The bar turns green like it is starting but no matter how long I sit there, it will never start moving. The bluetooth connection works, my phone is seen by the car and the LTE connection works as I can access the car through the app and I can play movies through Netflix and Disney+ when I have the Bluetooth and wi-fi turned off.

I have searched here and google and read lots of threads with people having audio issues, but I haven't seen all of these issues in anyone else's post so far. I'm past the warranty so I am trying to see what I can do myself before calling service. Is there a module in the car that these items are all tied to that isn't the entire MCU?
I had focused so much on the audio issue, I didn't notice how woefully out of date the firmware was. Guess that still could be the problem, I will focus on trying to force the firmware to update and if it's still an issue I will revisit this question. Sorry for the mostly useless post.