Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio Volume Blares when coming off mute

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed that when the audio is muted and you unmute via scrolling or depressing the left steering wheel button, the volume is suddenly much louder, especially for bass frequencies (or just the sub?). This seems to me a possible effect of the amplifier turning back on and I think is why you're not supposed to have a source playing when you turn an amp on a home system.

Has anyone else seen the same? I was surprised to not find other references to this. It could just be that I botched the searches.

It comes on at the same volume you had it at before. Depending on what source you're using, different music might be playing, which will be a different volume sometimes. In general though, it's just loud seeming, as the high quality of the system tricks you into turning it up while driving. Or you were just listening too loud to begin with.

It comes on at the same volume you had it at before. Depending on what source you're using, different music might be playing, which will be a different volume sometimes. In general though, it's just loud seeming, as the high quality of the system tricks you into turning it up while driving. Or you were just listening too loud to begin with.

In this case, it appears to be the same volume setting, but certainly frequencies are "over-amplified" initially. After a second or two, they resume normal levels.