Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I added FSD today, hope to see a change in my EDD on Monday, i feel like i too am rewarding Tesla for keeping me waiting almost 8 months now, but after watching FSD videos it is looking promising.
Those of u who are taking delivery now for orders in August, are they honoring the one year trail for premium connectivity?
I am on the fence! The more I watch the fsd beta 10.11.2 videos, the more I am convinced of the potential. Let us know if your EDD updates.

Is the mobile connector the charger for a standard outlet in the states?
It is capable of using a standard plug but also many other plugs if you buy an adapter. It comes (came) with the standard plug adapter. The 14-50 adapter is probably the most common add on, since that is available at camping/rv sites and in a lot of home already (or more easily installed if not).

Reactions: usklx

Attachments

• F87897C0-7F4D-4E31-A6D3-5788EFDB123C.jpeg
    F87897C0-7F4D-4E31-A6D3-5788EFDB123C.jpeg
    652.4 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: Tezla. and Firocity
Pay only 200 now only for what I was told was included at the time of order? Keep piling on the insults.
Wish I could say for sure but my gut tells me that you'll get your charger. For one thing, the response of cutting the price in half (within hours of the first announcement) suggests they recognize that this was a bad move. For another, the way the announcement was made by Musk just has that feel. Granted, it isn't clear, but I think that's how it will resolve.

I really hope that they walk this back completely.

Reactions: Firocity
Wish I could say for sure but my gut tells me that you'll get your charger. For one thing, the response of cutting the price in half (within hours of the first announcement) suggests they recognize that this was a bad move. For another, the way the announcement was made by Musk just has that feel. Granted, it isn't clear, but I think that's how it will resolve.

My gut tells me my car will come with one too, but yet that is such an easy clarification to make, yet hasn't been done, gives me serious doubts.

Why not force the customer during the ordering process to pick the UMC or get a $200 credit towards the HPWC? Let the person ordering the car decide what is best for them? But bases on other comments he's made RE: burying the climate control (i think) in a recent sw update that were along the lines Tesla knows best and the driver is just a source of error inputs, he believes he's in a better position to decide what's best for everyone's charging situation.

My gut tells me my car will come with one too, but yet that is such an easy clarification to make, yet hasn't been done, gives me serious doubts.

Why not force the customer during the ordering process to pick the UMC or get a $200 credit towards the HPWC? Let the person ordering the car decide what is best for them? But bases on other comments he's made RE: burying the climate control (i think) in a recent sw update that were along the lines Tesla knows best and the driver is just a source of error inputs, he believes he's in a better position to decide what's best for everyone's charging situation.
I honestly think that "All input is error" refers to error on the part of Tesla, not the consumer. Because their goal is clearly to have a car that anticipates your needs and reduces the requirement for input, perhaps completely (FSD!). The error is they didn't program the car well enough. But, yeah, without that context it sounds bad.

Does anybody think Musk (Asperger's) is a great communicator? And putting this out on Twitter without clarification? WTH?
They need a PR department and a muzzle.

I honestly think that "All input is error" refers to error on the part of Tesla, not the consumer. Because their goal is clearly to have a car that anticipates your needs and reduces the requirement for input, perhaps completely (FSD!). The error is they didn't program the car well enough. But, yeah, without that context it sounds bad.

Does anybody think Musk (Asperger's) is a great communicator? And putting this out on Twitter without clarification? WTH?
They need a PR department and a muzzle.

Maybe. DHere is a thread where it came up.

Maybe he could take some Toastmaster classes... and wonder if Hope Hicks is looking for a job ;)

Reactions: DrGriz

Actually it was $275 before not $400. This is what came with the car, Gen 2 Mobile Connector Bundle

The $400 is the 14-50 mobile connector

Not that it helps. Still pissed they are not included it

Reactions: DrGriz
Actually it was $275 before not $400. This is what came with the car, Gen 2 Mobile Connector Bundle

The $400 is the 14-50 mobile connector

Not that it helps. Still pissed they are not included it
From Elon's tweet, it sounded like the $275 one is now 400 but will come with additional adapters, not just the 5-15 one, almost like the UMC and nema bundle are being combined. Yet the screenshot people are sharing from the updated website for charging options it's still only the one 5-15 adapter.

From Elon's tweet, it sounded like the $275 one is now 400 but will come with additional adapters, not just the 5-15 one, almost like the UMC and nema bundle are being combined. Yet the screenshot people are sharing from the updated website for charging options it's still only the one 5-15 adapter.
I guess anyone that has taken delivery can go out to their car and take a look for us.

5F6FBB6A-FC2F-456B-A6F9-CA03BCC30C56.jpeg

Took delivery today. Great fit and finish. One minor asymmetric gap of rear hatch on the top but you won’t notice it if you’re not looking for it. Drove 14 miles home. The ride is great on 19 inch wheels. Didn’t feel like it was harsh or firm. Not sure what all the fuss was/is about. I guess people buy induction or uberturbine wheels and get disappointed. It came with mobile connector and unversal charging adapter.

EDD back to June this morning.

Elon says use is low on mobile connector. This is hard to believe when you consider the number of customers that could potentially be using it daily to charge. I’m thinking his statistic comment are numbers of customers using mobile connector on the road not at home and tesla believes home charging should be done on wall charger? That’s the only way I could see a low number on mobile connector use.

EDD back to June this morning.

Elon says use is low on mobile connector. This is hard to believe when you consider the number of customers that could potentially be using it daily to charge. I’m thinking his statistic comment are numbers of customers using mobile connector on the road not at home and tesla believes home charging should be done on wall charger? That’s the only way I could see a low number on mobile connector use.
I think you are right, in that they are seeing use as being relatively low overall (but not negligible), plus there are supply chain issues. I wish they would speak to that.

I have used my mobile connector when visiting my daughter. I probably added a total of 12 kWh. It was more an experiment to see if I could.

Bottom line, it looks like it will be sell to those who want/need them for $200 (with adapters) and avoid putting them in cars that will never use them. Had they started with that approach maybe there wouldn't have been all this uproar.

Reactions: GBwaiting