Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Manufacture Date & Delivery Date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I took delivery of a Model Y about 10 days ago in Australia but then realised it was a 2023 model. I did place my order in December 2023 though. The manufactured date is September 2023. Wondering if this is normal that a car that was manufactured 6 months ago gets allocated to you? On a side note, thinking of any impact to the resale (2023 vs 2024) down the line. I know Telsa typically don't go by years for upgrades but buyers do imo.

That does seem a bit long. My manufacture date was January and I got mine in early March (that was back in 2021). Some time from manufacturing is normal. They would have to ship it to Australia of course (from China). But 6 months is a bit long. How many km were on the car when you picked it up? It's possible it was a rejected car from someone else. Were there any issues that you found on it? It will for sure impact resale value because it's a 23 not a 24. Every used Tesla advertised (at least here) lists the model year. As a buyer you typically would prefer the newer model year car. And yes Tesla doesn't really go by Model years but they sell used with the year listed.

That does seem a bit long. My manufacture date was January and I got mine in early March (that was back in 2021). Some time from manufacturing is normal. They would have to ship it to Australia of course (from China). But 6 months is a bit long. How many km were on the car when you picked it up? It's possible it was a rejected car from someone else. Were there any issues that you found on it? It will for sure impact resale value because it's a 23 not a 24. Every used Tesla advertised (at least here) lists the model year. As a buyer you typically would prefer the newer model year car. And yes Tesla doesn't really go by Model years but they sell used with the year listed.
It had 12kms on it and absolutely no issues I have seen on the car.

It had 12kms on it and absolutely no issues I have seen on the car.

Well that's good. Maybe it was just older "new" inventory. New car sales aren't super great right now in most of the world due to high interest rates and inflation eating up people's money. That is affecting Tesla as well with new car sales not growing anywhere near the rates they did last year.