Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model Y about a week ago (pearl white, 19’’ Gemini wheels, black interior, five seats, FSD, and nothing else), and what happened next seems really odd to me...

The estimated delivery time frames have radically changed in a very short period of time per the Tesla app:
  • On 8/24 when I placed the order, it was March - July 2023 (7 - 11 months out).
  • On 8/30 it changed to March 7 - May 2, 2023 (7 - 9 months out).
  • On 9/1 it changed to "Dec 2022" (3 months out).
I expected some fluctuation over time, but these are major changes in just one week! Any ideas on what's behind this? Maybe huge production ramp at the Austin factory? Some supply chain issue suddenly resolved -- like battery 4680 battery production or other components? Other reasons?

Also: I just visited the tesla.com website and configured the same order. It shows: "Est. Delivery: Dec 2022 - Apr 2023".
I think it is mostly the Austin ramp up (now 1000+ cars a day) but may be some people trying to put orders on hold for US tax credit?? Although seems too early to be putting an order on hold.
I haven't even heard much about Austin delivering AWD 4680 cars lately...not sure how many they are producing....forum chatter has died off about those. They are pumping out the MYLR 2170 cars though.

So my EDD is still Sept 11-15 - I was able to upload my insurance but not allowed to schedule a delivery appointment yet and they need to update my dollar amount owed as the loan on my trade has been pain down another thousand dollars
I'm in a similar spot. I am in my current window (9/6-9/12) but I still haven't been able to schedule delivery. I'm in Massachusetts so insurance can't be completed until the car is registered by Telsa in MA. They said I should receive a text to schedule delivery within the week and that was last Thursday