Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aussie Wheel Repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Minor road rash a tragicly sad day indeed

20230809_031553745_iOS.jpg

I have an associate in a large spray shop operation but he's flat stick busy. Spray painting is an art with things like colour matching and the skill involved in operating spray guns. Theres no way I'd attempt that sort of paint work myself and meet the standards I expect. A local wheel repair shop wanted $300 for the job. Was busy for the next six weeks. Expected my vehicle for a whole day to be there. Unsatisfied with that quote and terms I tried to give this mob a go:

Having no affiliation with them, and having no prior experience with them, plus Im super fussy and have big expectations, I'd say I'm a tough customer where this outcome by them was just outstanding. Totally pleased. It was $180 bucks, full receipt and warranty, best is they come to you super easy super fast. The tradesman was literally grinding the Tesla wheel with his sander within two minutes of arriving.

20230816_055706025_iOS.jpg

Mid way through here now this bloke was simply a little ninja smashing out work so well. Here he has not colour matched yet and just an initial spraying following his grinding and sanding and cleaning of the rim rash area.

20230816_065632059_iOS.jpg

Awhile after the final clear coat. Ill let the paint dry it takes sometime for it to be fully dry. Theres a few spots from the masking tape and then dust etc on the wheel its not in the paint, its after the job so once its dry Ill wash the wheel. Then I'll clean the tyre up and tyre black. Wont risk any tyre black slinging onto the rim while the paint isnt fully dry.

Now I have two excuses for enganging track mode too hahaha :) One, look at all that nasty ass rotor surface rust stuff. Two, if I get the rotor and pads super hot in really pushing the car, well then, the heated wheel will dry the paint better especially given its still freezing over night in winter lol :)

So Im super happy, full warranty, youd never ever know its had a minor touchup

Last edited:
Reactions: OzVic and Hairyman