Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gemini Wheel - silver touch up paint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know of any NZ sources for a matching touch-up paint for the 19" Gemini Silver wheel rims?
Wife claims 'stupid' road works at a round about caused her to clip something.
Miraculously, it has not caused any damage on the tyre or the plastic cover, but has scraped laquer/paint from the wheel rim.
I found this paint touchup (ex USA) Zink Wheels touch-up paint
But its $29USD + $45USD for freight.

I suppose these Matt Black Gemini wheel covers may be an option (set of 4 for $229). Says it covers that rim edge.

Other alternative is to never look at my wheels again.....
Just wonder what other Kiwis have done....

When I had model 3 I had rim protector rings applied, set of 4 at around $150, but still helps avoid wheel covers covering up beautiful wheels.... not easy to attach but technically whenever you hit the kerb, you damage that ring instead of rims....
For my Model Y I just ordered rim guard stickers... basically rubber/plastic combination strip you stick at border of your wheel/rims... kind of forms tapper circle between tire and rim area... so whenever you hit something... as this area is higher - it will get first in touch... much easier to apply and much cheaper (4 wheels done under $20).... and it can technically cover earlier scratches on corners (so no need to use touch-up colour) and makes cleaning also easy task.

Does anyone know of any NZ sources for a matching touch-up paint for the 19" Gemini Silver wheel rims?
Wife claims 'stupid' road works at a round about caused her to clip something.
Miraculously, it has not caused any damage on the tyre or the plastic cover, but has scraped laquer/paint from the wheel rim.
I found this paint touchup (ex USA) Zink Wheels touch-up paint
But its $29USD + $45USD for freight.

I suppose these Matt Black Gemini wheel covers may be an option (set of 4 for $229). Says it covers that rim edge.

Other alternative is to never look at my wheels again.....
Just wonder what other Kiwis have done....
super cheap auto got paint spray can.... under $40.

Thanks @Audietron.
Did you just do a touch-up, or respray the whole rim?
i.e. is it good enough for just a partial touch up?

Will also search up the rim guard stickers you mention. A quick google didnt show me anything - will search a little harder later.
I had it done by my detailing guy... I totally depend on him... shared the paint can details as referance.

I ordered from Temu but aliexpress and temu and similar sites have strip available... sharing link for reference

with colour match strip... it should be almost invisible if applied properly... at this cost can afford trial-error (as comes enough for 5 20"wheels) and replacing is also cheap.

Only car touch up pens - I checked them.

I am thinking that maybe I need to get a pro to do something.

Found this place in Auckland - Wheel Fix It - NZ's #1 Wheel repairer
They come to you and do it at your home.
Site says $150-$200 for painted.
Wheelfixit, I used them for my Audi in past... not bad... but hard to justify the cost at the end... I did as I had 22" wheels costing around $700+.

For a tesla model 3 19"rim costs $450/wheel and $550/wheel for lightweight at Meg and turbo (just checked). so fixing at $150/200 is very expensive i guess. if rims are standard, even cheaper.

if $150 means you can look at your car again that's money well spent !
drake.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Audietron