Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Austin Built MYSR AWD 26-pin Connector?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 Giga Texas Austin Built Model Y AWD (Standard Range)

I bought one of those really basic LED mini HUD that pretty much only displays the spedometer, it came with a 26-pin connector and instruction is to plug under the rear center console (OBD or CANBUS I think that's what it's called). My MYSR doesn't have this under there, it's completely empty. Anyone know where else I can plug this 26-pin?

I watched a bunch of videos and people are plugging HUDs into the front driver or passenger footwells, I opened them up and only found a 20-pin connectors, not sure what to do here.

My research so far revealed that the 2023 Giga Texas Austin Built Model Y AWD with 4680 battery back has a different connector there now. Maybe it was 26-pin before, but it's clearly a 20-pin now.

I haven't found much on the forum yet regarding this. For now I'll return the mini display and wait for ones that are specifically compatible with the Austin built 4680 MY.

I have the same issue with my MYSR that I purchased in September 2023 and have been trying to find a solution. If you follow the directions for opening up the passenger A-Pillar in this video, there's a white connection port that has the same 20-pin configuration as the blue port in the video. I ordered this adaptor to tie into it and I'm hoping it works. I'll try and remember to report back on how it worked out.

I have the same issue with my MYSR that I purchased in September 2023 and have been trying to find a solution. If you follow the directions for opening up the passenger A-Pillar in this video, there's a white connection port that has the same 20-pin configuration as the blue port in the video. I ordered this adaptor to tie into it and I'm hoping it works. I'll try and remember to report back on how it worked out.
Just want to ask if the adaptor you got works? I have the same MYSR Austin Built. I'm looking to buy those mini cluster instrument, but I don't have the OBD connector on my rear console. So hoping to get a confirmation if the OBD connectors are now located on that A Pillar section. Thank you!