Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

26-pin connector...this is going to sound dumb, but is this it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1000002625.jpg

I am looking at getting one of those dashboard clusters and it's calling out the 26 pin connector. I was told the ODBC port under the rear vent should be where the connector is.

This is a brand new 2023 Long Range built out of Fremont.

That's what I thought...but I just wanted to be sure that this connector is the one I should be counting.
Its not an OBD2, but I've seen those connectors while adding an "autopilot" to my Prius Prime years ago.

In my experience with modern cars, the engineers kind of make it foolproof. If the connectors fit, you're generally okay to connect them. THere are so many different connectors in cars, they all kind of serve their purpose. That said, I totally get cross-checking it with the forum. hate to mess up a car over something silly.

Its not an OBD2, but I've seen those connectors while adding an "autopilot" to my Prius Prime years ago.

In my experience with modern cars, the engineers kind of make it foolproof. If the connectors fit, you're generally okay to connect them. THere are so many different connectors in cars, they all kind of serve their purpose. That said, I totally get cross-checking it with the forum. hate to mess up a car over something silly.
100%. Thanks for the information.