Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto A/C Anomaly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So lately it seems that the auto A/C will only turn on the foot vents...this is when it is 80 degrees F or above outside. I can shut off the foot vent and turn on the face vents, but then the system is in manual mode, so I need to select auto mode again. Anyone else have this issue? I'm on 20.4.4.

So a followup on this. It seems that vent selection in auto mode is part of the driver's profile. When I changed the vent to face and saved my profile then it seemed to remain with face vent at next startup. This is surprising to me since I thought the purpose of auto mode is that it would select the proper vents to keep those areas at the selected temperature. Doesn't appear to work that way.

Weird, I’ll try to duplicate. I was under the same impression that “auto” was like other cars where it just auto’s... it’s odd that it’s to the driver profile.
After some more testing, I don't think it's a driver's profile thing, I think my auto mode is defective. It also won't allow me to select, 'keep cool on' when exiting the car nor will it allow to set cooling from the app.