Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto dimming mirrors on all the time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems my 3LR has all mirrors dimmed at night. Its so dim its dangerous as I cant see much from any mirror even when no cars are behind me. I cant see idiots on pushbikes or other cars behind me in blind spot nearly had a crash when someone was undertaking me when I was pulling into the near side.

I would have thought the sensor would pick up dazzling headlights from the rear and then turn down.

Can they be turned off

Seems my 3LR has all mirrors dimmed at night. Its so dim its dangerous as I cant see much from any mirror even when no cars are behind me. I cant see idiots on pushbikes or other cars behind me in blind spot nearly had a crash when someone was undertaking me when I was pulling into the near side.

I would have thought the sensor would pick up dazzling headlights from the rear and then turn down.

Can they be turned off
Just bought a Model 3 and am having the same problem: dark (useless) side mirrors, dark rear view mirror, and dark steering wheel orientation. Feeling unsafe for night drivin.