Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD built in blind spot mirror?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have FSD on my 2018 MS. One thing I notice even when driving on my own, there is a kind of blind spot mirror built in.
That is to say any car in a blind spot range turns red on the lane next to me.

Anyone else use this feature as a blind spot mirror?

Cool. I find it way
More useful than the video blind spot on my wife’s car.
But I wasn’t sure it was in every car as all these things kind of just enhanced the whole experience once my subscription to FSD started.

I have FSD on my 2018 MS. One thing I notice even when driving on my own, there is a kind of blind spot mirror built in.
That is to say any car in a blind spot range turns red on the lane next to me.

Anyone else use this feature as a blind spot mirror?
I wouldn't rely on this, - but more think of it as an aid. It can get confused by rain or lane position since this is not RADAR (and won't be aware of a vehicle speeding up from further back), since this is just based on the vision system. Always do a manual check of your blind spot.

Several times just this past week when it’s raining and at night the car would freak out as I’m changing lanes even though I’ve manually checked the blind spot and it’s clear.

Of course a false positive like this is much better than a false negative where it thinks it is clear while there is actually a car there. But it goes to show it’s not always reliable especially in poor weather and definitely less reliable than traditional radar based blind spot monitoring.

Reactions: WilliamG