Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto mode AC acting up again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the second time in a month this happened: 90F outside with sun shining hot into the car. I have my temperature set at 68 and today the AC blew warm air weakly. I have to turn temp to Lo to get the auto mode blowing at level 9 fan speed, anything above 60F it'll default to 3 to 4 fan speed and just blow what I perceive as warm air.

Rebooting didn't work. I shut the power off via the screen but that didn't do jack.

It was/usually is working. Any suggestions?

Attached pic showing outside temp and AC set at 63F auto, blowing at meek 3 speed.

Attachments

• 20190715_220543.jpg
    20190715_220543.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Reactions: joelliot
This is the second time in a month this happened: 90F outside with sun shining hot into the car. I have my temperature set at 68 and today the AC blew warm air weakly. I have to turn temp to Lo to get the auto mode blowing at level 9 fan speed, anything above 60F it'll default to 3 to 4 fan speed and just blow what I perceive as warm air.

Rebooting didn't work. I shut the power off via the screen but that didn't do jack.

Attached pic showing outside temp and AC set at 63F auto, blowing at meek 3 speed.
Time for a service call.

Next time it happens, open the app and see what it thinks the interior temp is. If it matches your set temp then it’s operating as designed (and maybe the internal thermometer is in a bad spot). If the interior temp seems way off then maybe the thermometer is broken. e.g. it says 55F interior in the app when it’s 75F ... then it’s going to blow warm air to near to 60F instead of cool down from 75F :)

Next time it happens, open the app and see what it thinks the interior temp is. If it matches your set temp then it’s operating as designed (and maybe the internal thermometer is in a bad spot). If the interior temp seems way off then maybe the thermometer is broken. e.g. it says 55F interior in the app when it’s 75F ... then it’s going to blow warm air to near to 60F instead of cool down from 75F :)

It's 89F in the app and setting at 65F the fan speed is 3....

Also it failed to remotely turn on the AC yesterday with battery at 100+ miles. This morning it went back to normal but the auto AC setting is still weak.